[Qgis-user] How to project data?

cfarmer cfarmer at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 16 09:12:13 PDT 2008

John,

Rasters cannot be projected in QGIS as of yet, however, you can use the
georeferencing plugin to georeference them. As for vector layers, you can
project them on the fly by assigning their projection using the projection
dialog, or you can hard project them using my srsmanagement plugin. This
plugin also allows you to define the projection.

It is available here:
http://www.geog.uvic.ca/spar/carson/
or if you have QGIS > 0.9.2 you can add:
http://www.geog.uvic.ca/spar/carson/cfarmerQgisRepo.xml
to your python plugins repository in your plugin installer and install it
directly from there.

There are instruction at the address above as well...

Cheers,

Carson