[Qgis-user] Announcing the release of QGIS 0.10.0 'Io'

Mars Sjoden amagine at telus.net
Sat May 3 21:52:03 PDT 2008

I have been using 0.10 "Io" for a couple days now. Mac OS X.5.2
MacBook Pro Intel

Very impressive.  I had some initial rendering issues with the entire
QGIS window.  Part of the entire window would render in chunks.
However I believe this is some sort of video issue with 10.5.2 that
will hopefully be fixed with 10.5.3.  After the initial render
problems, I have not been able to repeat this bug at any time, which
makes me think it was part of this video bug in Mac OS X.5.2.

Map rendering is smooth,  and I really really love the way the
projections list is laid out.
Very nicely organized.

I really like the clean layout, not too intimidating for someone new
to this GIS, while having the ability to access the powerful GRASS
backend.

Good job to everyone involved.
I have started to really suggest QGIS to forestry workers who need a
GIS solution, but do not wish to spend a Huge amount of time in the
learning curve.
Having the GPS Babel plug-in is an incredible boon for these people.

My question now,
Is there a way to quickly calculate statistics on an attribute table
column?

Thank you to everyone's hard work!

Mars