[Qgis-user] qgis 0.10.0 Kubuntu and GRASS rasters

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sun May 4 07:40:33 PDT 2008

Hi Maciej:

Thanks for the help, but now I'm confused...

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Micha Silver pisze:
>

> Do you have gdal-grass GDAL plugin installed/working properly (check
> with "gdalinfo --formats | grep GRASS")? It is required to access
> GRASS rasters in GDAL-dependant software.

gdalinfo --formats indeed does *not* show GRASS support, so that
explains why I can't view GRASS rasters.

But I have installed:

micha at hayun-33:~/geodata$ dpkg -l | grep gdal
ii  gdal-bin
1.4.2-3                              Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
- Utilit
ii  libgdal1-1.4.0
1.4.2-3                              Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
ii  libgdal1-1.4.0-grass
1.4.1-1ubuntu1                       GRASS extension for the Geospatial
Data Abst
ii  python-gdal
1.4.2-3                              Python bindings to the Geospatial
Data Abstr

micha at hayun-33:~/geodata$ dpkg -l | grep qgis
ii  libqgis-core0.10
0.10.0-6~gutsy                       QGIS Geographic Information System
- shared
ii  libqgis-gui0.10
0.10.0-6~gutsy                       QGIS Geographic Information System
- shared
rc  libqgis1
0.8.0-5ubuntu2                       QGIS Geographic Information System
- shared
ii  libqgisgrass0.10
0.10.0-6~gutsy                       QGIS Geographic Information System
- shared
ii  qgis
0.10.0-6~gutsy                       Geographic Information System (GIS)
ii  qgis-plugin-grass
0.10.0-6~gutsy                       Plugin for accessing GRASS data
from QGIS

So what am I missing?

Thanks,

Micha