R: R: [Qgis-user] Postgis SSL connection

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Wed May 7 01:55:05 PDT 2008

Hi Andreas,

>Why? Does the Windows QGIS version support SSL?

Sorry but not!
It's an item in my ToDo List. I must compile OpenSSL, PostgreSQL with OpenSSL support, and then GDAL, GRASS (both with PostgreSQL and SQLite support) and, finally, QGIS.
Since it's a long work, I put this ToDo item along with others environment update items, to be done for the next releases of both GRASS and QGIS.

This said, if you need that support on Linux, you must perform the above build sequence: SSL->PostgreSQL (8.2.* suggested, because of building issues of QGIS with 8.3.*)->GDAL (with PostgreSQL and SQLite support)->GRASS (with PostgreSQL and SQLite support)->QGIS.

Marco