[Qgis-user] symbol lookup error on kubuntu 8.04

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed May 7 08:46:19 PDT 2008

Hi (please reply on-list so others may learn from solutions found if
they encounter similar problems)

2008/5/7 andrea pacifici <pacifici at gmail.com>:
> ok, thanks
> I need /media/data_2/isis3/isis/3rdParty/lib.
> How can I adjusts ldconfigs to ensure the libraries in /usr/lib get priority
> ?

It depends on how your system is configured really, and how the isis
app you have installed itself. Firstly check your ~./bashrc to check
if anything is setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. Secondly if you have
root access to your machine you can inspect and adjust
/etc/ld.so.conf. You might also want to check if anything got changed
in /etc/bash_profile etc. You should probably take this up with
developers of the ISIS app that you are using since it seems in
setting it up the process has broken your lib search order.

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net