[Qgis-user] wishlist:ala ArcView Habitat Digitizer Extension

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu May 15 02:23:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've used this before:

Habitat Digitizer Extension
"The Habitat Digitizer Extension was designed to use a hierarchical
classification scheme to attribute polygons, lines, and points
delineated by visually interpreting georeferenced images such as
aerial photographs, satellite images, and side scan sonar. The
extension allows users to create custom classification schemes and
rapidly delineate and attribute polygons, lines, and points using
simple menus and dialogs.

Several advantages to using classification schemes with a hierarchical
structure include: the detail of habitat categories can be expanded or
collapsed to suit user needs, the thematic accuracy of each
category/hierarchical level can be determined, and additional
categories can be easily added or deleted at any level of the scheme
to suit user needs."

http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=10556

Are there others who used this before?  Maybe we can "encourage"
plugin developers to develop such a plugin. Need it very much, but
can't code :(

cheers,
maning

--
| __.-._ |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda |