[Qgis-user] manageR update

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Thu May 15 05:00:21 PDT 2008

Carson, I'm one of not numerous, who haven't congratulate you the rate of
creating plugins yet! ;) Are you a cyborg? :D

The manageR is great, especially after implementing the import of results, but
has one imperfection. It don't read many layers: with changed names, grass
layers and postGIS layers with particular chars in their names.

Isn't possible to find one unified way to load every QGIS data object into R?
What about a new R methods for classes from the sp package? I know this is a
lot of extra work, when GDAL and OGR providers are already available, but I
dream about separation of all processing tools from providers. It's why I'm
so reluctant to read those raster values via GDAL. It's of course idea for
future, as well as manageR gives great comfort anyway.

The second idea is to let load into R only attributes table, like Barry's spqr
does it. It is muuuch faster, quite simpler and just sufficient for most
purposes.

Anyway, I'm strongly interested in QGIS statistical features and I'm going to
join Bridge Team soon :)

Cheers,
Borys