[Qgis-user] ubuntu 8.04 and python bindings

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed May 21 05:30:02 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Michele Ferretto
<michele.ferretto at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Martin Dobias wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Michele Ferretto
>> <michele.ferretto at tiscali.it> wrote:
>>>
>>> ls /usr/share/qgis/python
>>> plugins qgis
>>
>> and contents of /usr/share/qgis/python/qgis? :-)
>
> ls /usr/share/qgis/python/qgis/
> __init__.pyc

So here's the problem - in that directory you should have also core.so
and gui.so files which are python modules for QGIS. Please paste here
the contents of the qgis package, you can do it like this:
dpkg -L qgis

But I'm wondering why importing the bindings doesn't fail if you set
python path to /usr/share/qgis. Maybe the python modules are installed
in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages or
/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages. Can you check it? (they're
present if there's a subdirectory called "qgis" and it has several
files inside: __init__.py, core.so, gui.so

Martin