[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Python plugin development

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed May 28 12:51:40 PDT 2008

Hi

I wonder if it would be feasible to make another control that fetches
a list of repos from a central page (even parsing out the wiki page
could work) and then once you have selected  a repository, it will
fetch a list of available plugins from that repo. I was trying to add
Carsons famous manageR plugin to qgis today and didnt know where to
find it (I didnt have time to do a search for it on wiki etc) and it
sure would be nice to be able to serenipitously find plugins beyond
the official qgis repo but from within the plugin manager. Of course
there may be bad security implications to this and at some stage we
should contemplate this a bit more deeply - installing a python
plugin means you are essentially downloading and running arbitary
code and running it with all your user credentials which could be a
very bad thing indeed security wise...

Regards

Tim