[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Python plugin development

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue May 27 01:39:40 PDT 2008

Anne Ghisla wrote:
> So, I
>> suggest we try to maintain some sort of list where we can keep each
>> other up-to-date on what we are working on, what we are having trouble
>> with, etc. This would also give people an opportunity to integrate
>> plugin development efforts, and get help on specific problems etc. The
>> PythonPluginsIdeas wiki page[1], is already setup to do this, so perhaps
>> we should make a conscious effort to use it.

  I've added some notes to the wiki on my selection plugin. I've started
a repository here:

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings/Qgis/Plugins/plugins.xml

It's very beta, doesn't check anything, and I have two weird problems
that I don't understand:

  1. In Windows, when drawing a polygon selection, sometimes the
selection polygon appears with a white bounding box, obscuring the map
canvas. If I resize the window to cause a repaint, the white box
disappears. Maybe I need to call some repaint method in my tool? Works
find on Linux...

  2. ...however on Linux if I Ctrl-RightClick for the first point of a
polygon selection, Qgis crashes right out. I haven't noticed this on
Windows, will try it tonight.

  Feel free to have a play, comments and criticisms welcome.

Barry