[Qgis-user] zoom to point/edit point coordinates

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Mon Nov 10 06:19:41 PST 2008

Monday 10 of November 2008 14:59:30 Agustin Lobo napisaƂ(a):
> hmmm... I don't have such a plugin in my preview1
> and cannot find it in the repositories. In which repository
> should it be?

There was such plugin (Zoom to Point) in the repository, but has
disappeared... Who has taken it and when will give it back? ;-)

> Is it possible to edit a vector
> layer by entering/modifying the coordinates of a point?
> (I know input from a x,y table is possible, I
> refer to an interactive tool).

Not yet :( I hope we'll implement it in QGIS 1.1. Now you can only write a
plugin or do it in the python console. See also the "question to possible
enhancements" topic on qgis-developer:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2008-November/005103.html

Regards,
B.