[Qgis-user] edit point coordinates / remove rings

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Wed Nov 12 07:10:17 PST 2008

> I prefer your idea because your way a user could just keep entering
> coordinate pairs to build up a feature without any need for mouse
> clicks. Since docs can be stacked / tabbed it neednt consume a lot of
> screen real estate. The disadvantage of your idea is that we would
> need to implement the concept of a selected vertex probably...

Oh yes, I've forgot vertex aren't selectable.

Btw. I've realized that there is no way to remove rings and islands. For me
it's a critical issue if user can't revert unnecessarily added features.

I think it should be easy solvable. Now, if the ring contains only three
vertex and user attempts to remove one of them, nothing happens. I suggest to
display a confirmation dialog in this case and remove whole ring. I propose
the confirmation dialog because the user may not expect this change of
behaviour and removing all three vertex in one click.

I'm going to fill a ticket, but maybe someone wants to resolve it now ;)