[Qgis-user] Problem connecting to a signal

Möri Cedric Cedric.Moeri at bd.so.ch
Fri Nov 14 04:05:06 PST 2008

Hi

I'm working out a python plugin and have now the following problem.
I try to connect to the editingStarted() signal of QgsVectorLayer. Here is my relevant code snippet:

def toggle(self)
  mc = self.iface.mapCanvas()
  layer = mc.currentLayer()

  QObject.connect(layer,SIGNAL("editingStarted()"),self.test)

The problem is that the error console keeps me telling that "argument 1 of QObject.connect() has an invalid type".  A print of layer gives <qgis.core.QgsVectorLayer object at ...> so I guess my layer is a QgsVectorLayer.

Anybody an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and regards
Cédric

mit freundlichen Grüssen