[Qgis-user] compiling qgis & python

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:02:18 PST 2008

2008/11/13 Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:19 AM, José María Michia
> <jose.maria.michia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi. I cannot build "QGIS" with python support.
>>
>> In ccmake, after press "c" to configure, this message appears:
>>
>> "Python not being built"
>>
>> I press "e" to exit, and ccmake show these related variables and values:
>>
>> PYTHON_EXECUTABLE /usr/bin/python2.5
>> PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH /usr/include/python2.5
>> PYTHON_LIBRARY /usr/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.a
>>
>> I press "c" one more time, and the "Python not being built" persist.
>>
>> Pressing "e" to quit and "g" to generate the configuration.
>>
>> Support for "python" has not been compiled after running "make"
>
> I would suggest you to run 'cmake' command to see status/error
> messages. If python support is not being built, there should be a
> preceding message of some requirement not being fulfilled.
>
> Martin

I execute 'cmake'. I not see anything bad in the output:

$ cmake  ..
-- Found Proj: /usr/local/lib/libproj.so
-- Found Sqlite3: /usr/local/firefox/libsqlite3.so
-- Found GEOS: /usr/local/lib/libgeos.so
-- Found GDAL: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so
-- Found PostgreSQL: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5.1
-- Found Expat: /usr/lib/libexpat.so
-- Using GSL from /usr/local
-- Could not find GRASS
-- Python libraries found
-- Python bindings enabled
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.2
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/jm/aplicaciones/qgis_0.11.0/build

Now, I execute make again, with same bad success:

Problem solved after reinstalling qt, SIP and pyqt (using "emerge"),
and then remove the directory of QGIS and having built again.

Maybe this info is related to the compilation error:  In the previous
attempt, I used "PyQT" version "4.4.4" from sources. Now, using
emerge, the version of "PyQT" "4.3.3".

Thanks all
José María