[QGIS-user] Using GRASS' shell from within QGIS

Agustin Lobo Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
Sat Nov 15 02:59:58 PST 2008

Tim,

Of course we are grateful to the work of developers
and understand that the final priority must include
a weight related to the involvement of the task. But
I also think that sometimes a problem may be seen
just as a minor issue for a developer, but could actually
be an important problem for users, in particular newcomers.
For example, for someone who wants to use QGIS as a GUI for grass,
feeling comfortable with the terminal is important.
The fact that me and Nikos see the current behaviour of the grass
terminal in QGIS as a bug but Alex sees it as a lacking feature, made
me suggest that both points of view have to be considered
for the final priority. I also agree with Nikos
in that, at least for users, it's good to discuss a problem in
the list prior to fill a ticket or a feature request. Otherwise
we could add lots of unnecessary tickets just because
of our (at least my) ignorance. And your point of
making sure that the person filling a ticket actually gets
subscribed to it is, I agree, critical: filling a ticket implies
the commitment of following it.

Thanks again to all who make the QGIS magic work.

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster