[Qgis-user] select features slow down

Lionel Roubeyrie lroubeyrie at limair.asso.fr
Tue Nov 18 00:22:55 PST 2008

Hi all,
needing to edit/copy/past features from a large vector layer (>72,000
features), the "select features" tool takes ~5sec. each time we want to
use it, where it is relatively faster on smalls vector layers (~4,000
features). Is there a flag at the compilation time to improve the speed,
or something else to do? In the same time, how can we deselect a
previously selected feature without deselecting all the others features?
Thanks
PS : We use QGIS1.0.0 preview2 from the ubuntu launchpad repository, on
a Intel Core2 6400 CPU (2.1GHz).

--
Lionel Roubeyrie
chargé d'études