[Qgis-user] Problems with grass plugin

Agustin Lobo aloboaleu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 04:08:25 PST 2008

Ok, thanks a lot, that's the kind of input I needed.
Once I have the grass layer displayed, they become
available to the commands (i.e., r.statistics,
r.mask), but this is not documented in the
Help tab. After using r.in.gdal and
v.in.ogr, I was expecting the normal grass behavior
of selecting what you have in the directory
structure of your location.
Actually, I'm not sure the current behavior is useful.
If grass commands do not depend upon having layers displayed
(which is great), why should we restrict the menus to
those layers displayed in QGIS? I think that I would prefer
the menus to behave more closely to what you actually would run from
the text terminal.

Anyway, is there any kind of specific doc on the grass
plugin? I'm particularly confused by r.mapcalc (I used grass
in the very old days and use r.mapcalc in the terminal). Any
doc or tutorial on how to use the graphic interfase? Do you use it?

BTW, I always have problems with the grass terminal opened from
the plugin and have to open an xterm. This is not big deal for me,
but students find it very confusing. Could the grass terminal be fixed?

Regards,

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster