[Qgis-user] QGIS segmentation fault

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Nov 21 13:31:06 PST 2008

Hi Gavin

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 08:36 +0200, Gavin Fleming wrote:
> Hi
>

> Ubuntu server 7.10. QGIS worked until I did an apt-get update some
> time back. It was using standard repositories plus the
> launchpad/timlinux one. Yesterday I added launchpad/qgis to my apt
> sources and tried a new install but I still get this, I’m not even
> sure what version it’s attempting to run. The splash screen was coming
> up in earlier versions of this crash but now that’s not even
> happening:

Try purging all QGIS related packages and uninstalling any hand built
QGIS you may have, and then installing the launchpad/jef packages listed
on http://download.qgis.org for heron. That will get you 1.0 preview 2
which is IMHO more stable than 0.11 anyway.

Buzz if you still cant come right.

Regards

Tim