[Qgis-user] Attribute Actions

Gabriele Nolè gis.gn at libero.it
Mon Nov 24 00:13:00 PST 2008

Hello.
I read about a presentation that with  Attribute actions I can do:

1)  Run external programs with feature attributes as arguments

2)  Write attribute values into a file using the bash:  'bash ­c "echo
"%fieldname" >>  /home/humarco/attribute.txt" '

3)  Use %% to insert the attribute where the mouse  points to

4)   Run actions by righ­clicking into attribute table or identify results
dialog

I have not understood (in particular points 2 and 3) and I could not make it
work.

Someone may explain the 4 points perhaps with some examples, and so I try
them?

Thanks

Ubuntu 8.10 QGIS 1 preview II