[Qgis-user] Error in Geoprocessing plugin

bjsvwpfe Michael.Pfeiffer at bd.so.ch
Thu Oct 9 06:35:51 PDT 2008

Agustin Lobo-4 wrote:

> I've tried the Geoprocessing plugin (0.41 on QGIS 0.11)
> with 2 vector layers and intersection and get the following error:
>
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/geoprocessing/geoprocessing.py", line
> 364, in geoprocessing
>      self.intersection(myLayerA,  myLayerB,  myPath,  myBool)
>    File
> "/home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/geoprocessing/geoprocessing.py", line
> 435, in intersection
>      vlayerB = self.getVectorLayerByName(myLayerB)
>    File
> "/home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/geoprocessing/geoprocessing.py", line
> 666, in getVectorLayerByName
>      QMessageBox.warning(None,
> QCoreApplication.translate("Geoprocessing",vlayer.name()+" is not valid
> -> exit plugin!"))
> TypeError: argument 2 of QCoreApplication.translate() has an invalid type
>
> Python version:
> 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jul 31 2008, 17:44:49)
> [GCC 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)]
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Agus
>
> --
> Dr. Agustin Lobo
> Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
> LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
> 08028 Barcelona
> Spain
> Tel. 34 934095410
> Fax. 34 934110012
> email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
> http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

Hi Augustin,

seems that this is a type error.
Try to replace in the file
/home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/geoprocessing/geoprocessing.py in row 666
vlayer.name() with str(vlayer.name()) or unicode(vlayer.name(),'latin1')

Seems that you use an invalid layer for your analyse. We don't have an
invalid layer so its difficult to reconstruct your error.
Hope this helps.

Greets

Michael

PS We correct this error in the next version