[Qgis-user] Properties Questions

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Oct 19 13:01:46 PDT 2008

David J. Bakeman wrote:
> I have several shapefiles with similar data that I'd like to display
> with the same Symbology.  When I installed 0.11 I thought I had the
> ability using the save and load Style but it appears to save the data
> information and so when you load it it just reloads whatever you were
> displaying before instead of displaying the new shape with the same
> symbology.  Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Hi David,
I'm trying here both 0.11 and 1.0preview on windows. You are right, the
qml style file contains path to the data which is was defined, but if I
load another shapefile and apply the style to it, it is not opening the
'old' shapefile for me.

Are you sure it's opening your datafile which you used to define the qml
file?

I do see a small bug though: the symboloy in the legend-panel isn't
updated....

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde