[Qgis-user] Re: installing geoprocessor

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue Oct 21 15:46:21 PDT 2008

Tuesday 21 of October 2008 23:21:43 Tara Athan napisaƂ(a):
> Borys-
> The only files in
>
> C:/Documents and Settings/Tara/.qgis/
>
> are
> qgis.db
> qgis.qmldb

So the installer doesn't create the missing directories. I'll fix it tomorrow
and now you can easily fix it by manually creating the directory "python" and
the "plugins" inside:

C:/Documents and Settings/Tara/.qgis/python/plugins

Then the plugins should install.

> I am updating parts of the manual for QGIS 1.0, so I am necessarily
> working with this version.
> I have a windows build that was generated for me by Marco Pasetti
> against code revision 9303.
> I will not have access to any other version until after Nov. 18 because
> Marco has to finish his thesis at the
> moment (unless someone else knows how to provide a Windows build).
>
> At present I am updating the Forward, which describes the overall
> capabilities of QGIS. Currently there are statement such as:
> "You can perform spatial data analysis on PostgreSQL/PostGIS and other OGR
> supported formats using the geoprocessing plugin."
> Will the geoprocessing plugin be modified to work with QGIS 1.0.0 in
> time for the release, or can we expect that capability to not be
> available for a while?
> Our timeline is to finish the first draft of the user guide update
> within 2 weeks (Nov. 4) so I need to know whether I should be
> taking these statements out, or leave them in in anticipation of the
> plugins being updated.

The API is changed nearly every day, so plugin updating is suspended until the
API freeze. Surely all valuable plugins will be updated before the day of
1.0.0 release, but probably not before November 4th...

I think you can use this plugin under QGIS 0.11 and assume that its gui won't
be changed... But I don't know Author's plans.

Btw. should I write a section about the Plugin Installer? Or is it done
already? Furthermore, there is lack of guidelines describing preparation of
the plugin packages and the authors sometimes do it wrongly. Could we include
it to the user guide?