[Qgis-user] scaling bug?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 22 04:17:30 PDT 2008

Werner Macho wrote:
> Thx for explaining this ..
> So I'd suggest to make other than degrees as the default unit in qgis -

I don't know - we'd have to do a poll on this. I don't know how many
people work with degrees and how many with meters. I also mainly work in
meters.

Ideally one could set the preferered units and projection in the QGIS
preferences. At my workplace I usually exclusively work in the Swiss
national grid (EPSG 21781) with meters as units. It also annoys me if I
have to reset projection and units every time I start a new QGIS project.

You can perhaps file an enhancement request to have a global default
units and projection setting in the QGIS preferences.

> and I'm also with Andreas to issue a warning when loading data outside
> the range.
yes, you could issue an enhancement request on this as well.

I think both aren't really bugs, but enhancements (minor annoyances).

Andreas