[Qgis-user] scaling bug?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Wed Oct 22 09:57:49 PDT 2008

> As I already  told to the list I have Vectors in UTM32 (Municipalities
> borders in italy),  and in WGS84 (reference frame for maps of an
> italian  region), and I have Geotiff maps of the same region in WGS84.

Only vectors can be reprojected, so if you have GeoTIFF in WGS84, you have to
reproject vectors to the WGS84. In other case the raster will disappear.

> I tried first to set the project In decimal degrees,  WS84 and
> checked   flight ptojection. Imported vector reference frame and
> geotiff maps. They perfectly overlap  of course,   but the UTM32 does
> not.

It should work. If reprojection of the UTM32 vector to WGS84 doesn't work, it
seems that there is something wrong with this UTM32 layer. Maybe its
declaration isn't understandable for QGIS (you can check it in the layer
properities - the UTM32 should be highlighted on the projection list behind
the "change CRS" button) or maybe it's not that projection in the fact?

> Second I tried to set meters and UTM32 and flihgt projection. the UTM
> file comes out. Then I can see both vector and  e geotiff WGS84 in the
> legend but they disappear in main window.

Now both vectors should overlap and the raster should disappear (because it
can't be reprojected)

> Third  I tried the same as second with degrees instead of meters  UTM
> comes out and also geotiff but the do not overlap.

It makes no sense, because unit declaration should be match the values (after
reporojection).

Regards,
B.