[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGis proxy settings

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 04:58:32 PDT 2008

2008/10/23 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> Apparently it's a bug in Qt (bug opened; I cannot check it now, but you'll
> find it in the trac).
> I agree in some situations is a very serious issue.

 I've just written a workaround. It's a python class called QPHttp
which is a drop-in replacement for QHttp but sets proxy settings from
those that urllib.getproxies() gets.

 I've tested it standalone, all I need to do now is s/QHttp/QPHttp/ in
the right places in the plugin installer..

 I'll attach it for anyone to play with - there may be some people
with proxy configs that break it...

Barry