[Qgis-user] Problem an the ploting contour lines

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Oct 23 23:53:10 PDT 2008

Hi Alexandre,

QGIS by itself does not offer this functionality. Maybe a plugin.

However, you can use QGIS together with GRASS. GRASS offers this
functionality. You'd have to import your text file into a GRASS dataset
and then use the command r.contour. See
http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass63/r.contour.html

QGIS offerst a GRASS toolbox plugin where you can do issue the GRASS
commands from within QGIS.

I'd recommend reading the GRASS docus or buying the GRASS book by Markus
Neteler/Helena Mitasova.

Hope this helps as a starter to find more information on the topic.

Andreas