[Qgis-user] About installing Qgis in windows vista

Michael Toews mwtoews at sfu.ca
Fri Oct 24 08:19:46 PDT 2008

When you install, make sure you right-click it and choose "Run as
Administrator".

I've neglected to do this before with a QGIS Install on a Vista system,
and although it appeared to do something, it didn't do anything!
Administrator privileges are required to install programs on Vista in
general.

-Mike