[Qgis-user] scaling bug?

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Oct 25 22:36:21 PDT 2008

Borys Jurgiel wrote:

> Saturday 25 of October 2008 10:33:48 Agustin Lobo napisaֵ‚(a):
>
>> I agree with Borys, the first thing a GIS user must
>> know is the projection and datum of his/her data and
>> the projection and datum in which he/she wants
>> to set the project's projection. There cannot be
>> default projection, the diversity is too high.
>> I think that the way it is now is the "null option",
>> it's ok as it is.
>>

> But still I don't know what is the "Global Default Projection" setting for?
> Shoudn't it be connected to the project default projection?

Just to allow the user to make a one-time setting of some projection
other than WGS84 as the default. Similar to the global projection
setting for layers that have no projection information. We might
consider that each new project should have some projection defined (like
each new layer), and it need not necessarily be WGS84, as it is now.
Your suggestion of a "default_project.qgs" should fill the bill. And it
opens the way for adding other global project definitions it the future.

Cheers,
Micha