[Qgis-user] Any errors when installing plugins under XP ?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Tue Oct 28 07:14:56 PDT 2008

Tuesday 21 of October 2008 22:06:47 Tara Athan napisaƂ(a):
> I am using a QGIS 1.0 windows build on XP.
> I am trying to install the Geoprocessor plugin. I get the error message
> Python error
>
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:/Program
> Files/QGIS-Dev/./python/plugins\plugin_installer\installer_gui.py", line
> 202, in requestFinished
>     un.extract(tmpPath, pluginDir) # final extract.
>   File "C:/Program
> Files/QGIS-Dev/./python/plugins\plugin_installer\unzip.py", line 29, in
> extract
>     os.mkdir(dir)
> WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
> u'C:/Documents and Settings/Tara/.qgis/python/plugins'

Another words, it seems Pluigin Installer can't create missing directories
(python/plugins). Has anybody else experienced such error? Unfortunatelly I
can't replicate it, though I'm doing what only crosses my mind ;) The
Installer always creates missing directories.

Regards,
B.