[Qgis-user] What can you do with the Python console?

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 05:45:39 PDT 2008

Agus,
> This is most useful, perhaps could we have a section
> in the wiki on "Examples of using the QGIS console" ?
> Another section on "Examples of simple python scripts" would
> be great also.
These are very good ideas. I'm sure lots of pyQGIS users have some
simple scripts that they use. It would be good to share. Perhaps a QGIS
python recipe page? I'll try to add a page if I get some time in the
next few days.

Carson J.Q. Farmer
PhD Fellow
National Centre for Geocomputation (NCG),
John Hume Building,
National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
Co. Kildare,
Ireland.
http://www.carsonfarmer.com
http://www.ftools.ca