[Qgis-user] Changing the linetype in the properties dialogue box

Adam Tokelove TokeloveA at conwag.com
Mon Sep 1 22:16:36 PDT 2008

Hi there.

I'm an engineer in New Zealand, using QGis to design the drainage around a
length of railway.

I have a set of GIS data that I've brought into QGis that I'm then laying
shapefiles over the top of. One of the shapefiles is for an open channel
which I would like to show with an arrow linetype if I can.

I've tried to change the linetype using the properties dialogue, but I can
only find the solid, dotted, dashed etc list.

I've had a look at the manual, and I can't find anything that would really
point me in the right direction.

I've tried to download some qml files so I can see if anyone else has done
this, but I can't find any on the web.

Is there a simple way to build linetypes with QGis, or are they somehow
hardwired into the user interface with no possibility of really moving
from the ones that are there?

Thanks for a great product, I'm really enjoying using it.

Kind Regards

Adam Tokelove