[Qgis-user] QGIS hanging and bad shapefile export

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 02:36:10 PDT 2008

Hi Gavin,

>Two problems have been occurring regularly in QGIS (0.11 on XP)

>Open attribute table, select one or more records, click 'Zoom to selected
>records' - QGIS hangs.

I tested it on my notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium (where the
releases of QGIS and GRASS for MS-Windows are built and packaged).

After loading a shapefile I quickly zoomed on selected records from the
attribute table; no bugs reported.
I tested the same thing loading a GRASS vector layer: same result, no
problem at all.

I guess it's a specific XP problem, but, at the moment, I don't have an XP
machine to test on.

>Export as shapefile (PostGIS layer): ArcGIS does not recognise the extent
>of the shapefile and will not draw it, though attributes are accessible. If
>you then export it as a shapefile again >from within ArcGIS, the output
>shapefile is fixed and draws fine. Is this a PostGIS / shapelib / QGIS
>problem? What's the fix?

I'm afraid, I don't have ArcGIS (nor any ESRI product, actually).

Regards,

Marco