[Qgis-user] Qgis on eeepc 901: 2nd round

Agustin Lobo aloboaleu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 01:48:14 PDT 2008

Hi!

After solving few problems related to the OS
(Xandros vs ubuntu-eeee) thanks to the kind help of many people,
I'm now about trying to install QGIS
on the eeepc 901 running ubuntu-eee
instead of its original Xandros
(I'll tell why in a future and more
comprehensive message).

Before starting (this afternoon), one question:
In terms of efficiency of the resulting QGIS,
is it better that I compile myself on the
eee-pc or would I get similar performance
by installing the ubuntu binaries?

In other words, does it pay in terms
of efficiency the (for me considerable) complexity
of compiling myself? Note that this is a tiny
machine, thus any improvement could be important
in the long term, so I'm kind of resigned myself to
the involved task of compiling if you think
that I ought to.

Thanks

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster