[Qgis-user] Print composer

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:44:42 PDT 2009

Hi

While working with the composer earlier a frame became detached from a
label and I've been unable to delete this strange box. I have
relaunched the composer, it's still there and appears on my printed
pages. I haven't tried removing the composer xml tags in the project
file, but will try that shortly. BTW I'm using 1.1 from a few weeks
back.

An idea for a new feature:
It would be nice to have a checkbox alongside each field for the map
window display settings. By checking the box I could prevent the
composer from updating the field. I would like to fix the map height,
width and scale, and only allow the composer to change three of the
extent fields as I change the fourth. Currently, I set the scale then
change an extent field and the scale changes. I change the scale back
to what I want, and the extent changes, and I end up in an endless
loop.

Thanks Marco for a great tool! I'm managing to quickly plot large
format maps for use in the field without having to import everything
into my CAD package, as I've done in the past.

Regards

Craig