[Qgis-user] Python scripting

georgew gws293 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:25:12 PDT 2009

Alessandro et al.,
> I'm also interested in using python and QGIS for simple scripts
> espacially for batch processing, and some examples could be very useful!
Attached is a python script for performing some basic geoprocessing
functions on vector layers. The header of the file contains usage
examples to help get you started... it's probably not the cleanest
python code, nor the most pythonistic... but you get the idea ;-)

Hope this helps to get you started...

The other good resource for python scripting is:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/PythonBindings

Cheers,

Carson

 Many thanks Carson and Alex, your help has been invaluable, and I am sure not just for myself. Thanks Carson for the example, more than I asked for and much appreciated.
regards
George