[Qgis-user] Re: Manage R

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 04:31:45 PDT 2009

Alessandro,
> I updated manageR plugin and now It works perfectly in my notebook!
> Great!
Excellent, I'm glad to hear it. The whole Rpy, Numpy, R, and QGIS
install process is not as easy as I'd like it to be, so it's good to
hear that some are getting it to play nicely!
> I noticed that, when I load a layer in manageR, the order of the fields
> of the table seems to be random.
> It's a bug or it's a normal behaviour of sp package that I'm not able to
> manage?
Well it's a bit of both: PyQGIS and RPy use python dicts to store
attribute data etc., and at some point between reading the attributes
from QGIS and converting to R the fields get randomised (python dicts
store key-value pairs in random order to speed retrieval). So it's
nothing to do with R. I am going to have a look at this today, because
in the past I have been able to overcome this problem. Thanks for
reminding me ;-)
> p.s. I hope to have the time to test manageR and to prepare a small
> basic statistical course with QGIS+manageR for my colleagues. Your
> plugin is a great tool! :-)
This is very nice to hear! I'm hoping to do the same here, so let me
know about any and all bugs you find while testing, and I'd love to hear
how your course goes and what content you end up using.

Cheers,

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer