[Qgis-user] Bug in _Tools > Data Management Tools > Export to new projection_ ?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Apr 5 06:33:43 PDT 2009

Nikos:
> The problem is that ther is no shift = obvious transformation on the
> _exported_ data, that is, the original data and the exported are
> identical with respect to their "location". And the "On the fly"
> > option is _not_ checked. Is this a bug?

Hmmm??? I think there is a problem in the .prj file of the Shapefile.
It's a european wide vector map, projected in ETRS89. While trying to
import it in GRASS (in a ETRS89 / LAEA location) I get following:

GRASS LOCATION PROJ_INFO is:
       name: Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area
       proj: laea
       datum: etrs89
       ellps: grs80
       lat_0: 52
       lon_0: 10
       x_0: 4321000
       y_0: 3210000
       no_defs: defined

       Import dataset PROJ_INFO is:
       name: Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area
       proj: laea
       ellps: grs80
       lat_0: 52
       lon_0: 20
       x_0: 5071000
       y_0: 3210000
       no_defs: defined

Maybe not a bug bad either a "different" projection or not correctly
defined projection? Anyhow, sorry for the noise.

Kind regards, Nikos