[Qgis-user] QgsDataSourceURI.setConnection() error

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Mon Apr 6 01:56:41 PDT 2009

With PyQgis 1.1.0 I want to connect to a PostGIS layer via Python plugin
with

uri = QgsDataSourceURI()
uri.setConnection(self.DBHOST, self.DBPORT, self.DBNAME, self.DBUSER,
self.DBPASSWD)

Unfortunately QGIS throws the following Python error message:
Error:
uri.setConnection(self.DBHOST, self.DBPORT, self.DBNAME, self.DBUSER,
self.DBPASSWD)
TypeError: insufficient number of arguments to
QgsDataSourceURI.setConnection()

With respect to the class documentation setConnection() has exactly the
number of arguments I use in my Python code. Furthermore the same code
works fine with QGIS 1.0.0.

I'm a little bit confused and I appreciate any hint.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
Stv. Amtschef / GIS-Koordinator