[Qgis-user] Linking an external attribute table..

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Apr 9 09:44:06 PDT 2009

I accomplish this by using the Grass plugin and the sqlite driver for
data storage.
1. Create a Grass Mapset
2. Change the driver to sqlite db.connect (I think)
3. Import the Vector layer to Grass
4. Now you can import any other attribute tables you want into your
sqlite database, I use the Firefox SQLite Manager plugin to do this.
Then I run queries to build tables I want to use with my layer or add
columns to the attribute table.
5. Using the Grass plugin you can change what table is linked to the
layer at any time or if you added columns to the attribute table the
data will show up.

Kinda round-about way, but it works.

Alex