[Qgis-user] HomeRange plugin updated

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 02:26:18 PDT 2009

John C. Tull ha scritto:
> In addition to the last error, when I quit and restart qgis after
> startup. Afterwards, the HomeRange plugin cannot be loaded:
>
> Couldn't load plugin "HomeRange_plugin" from
[snip]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[snip]
>   File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/rpy2/rinterface/__init__.py",
> line 6, in
>     R_HOME = os.popen("R RHOME").readlines()
> IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call

The same error is given by manageR [0], therefore I guess it is a rpy2
issue.
You can try the function that returns this error alone in a Python
shell. On my WinXp machine it returns the correct path to R installation.
If it succeeds, try in the Python shell each function of the traceback
stepping backwards.
Consider also filling a ticket on RPy2 bugtracker on SourceForge [1].

thank you for testing and best regards,

Anne

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org/msg02601.html
[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=453021&group_id=48422&func=browse