[Qgis-user] mobile gis and geotag on pocketpc?

Fafner fredda.hallgren at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:22:07 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'm wondering if there are any open source mobile GIS available for
pocketpc. I'm running a HP Ipaq hw6515 with windows mobile 2003, and for now
I use ESRI Arcpad, but I would like to replace it with some open software.

I have found a homepage on GRASS GIS on Handhelds
http://grass.itc.it/platforms/grasshandheld.html
but the info looks to be 5 years old so I wonder if there are any more
recent developments. Also, does any one know if this old Mobile GRASS
combined with familiar Linux would run on a hw6515?

Apart from an arcpad replacement I'm looking for some open source geotag app
to run on the Ipaq. The idea is to collect gps positions on the Ipaq, to tag
photos taken by my digital camera (Nikon).

thanx / Fafner