[Qgis-user] How to run synchronously stable and unstable qgis versions

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Apr 20 17:16:30 PDT 2009

Nikos:
> > > ...actual problem is that I am unable to use "old" qgis project
> > > files. Is there a work-around or an import/convert old _qgs_ files?

Martin:
> > What's the problem with old project files? From some version (0.11 I
> > think) there is a mechanism for transformations of old project files
> > to newer ones. So you might try to find out, someone from the devs may
> > be able to add the transformation :-)

> Now I see... QGIS does open the old projects but I had to wait TOO long
> cause it loads and renders _all_ layers !!?

That's because I re-isntalled a fresh-baked qgis_unstable and the
default setting was(_is_) to load+render newly added layer(s). Could
this be switched off automatically if, let's say, a project has >30 maps
to load (or some threshold)?

>  It does not reproduce the
> the project at the saved state.

OK, some projects:

* work(=open) properly
* just take TOO much time (...I suppose they will be loaded at some
point)
* don't appear with the groups I have build

Regards, Nikos