[Qgis-user] Multiple Symbolization Rules per Layer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Apr 22 05:00:31 PDT 2009

Hi Agus,

while I agree that your suggestion makes sense and would help for many
purposes, in my case it wouldn't help.

What I wanted to do is to style line elements according to three different
attributes. In my case I have to handle the waste-water network.

* Attribute Utility should define the line-color
* Attribute accuracy should define stroke-dashing
* Attribute hierarchical_function should define stroke-width

You cannot solve this problem through multiple loading of the same layer.
The only current way is by concatenating the three attributes into a
single attribute and than style all the combinations. Of course this can
be quite a lot of work and not very elegant if you have a lot of
combinations. If you have three distinct values for every attribute, you
already have 27 different cases to handle.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/