[Qgis-user] Project takes very long to load

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Apr 23 08:00:06 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have a QGIS project (current trunk (1.1)) which takes 3-4 minutes for

This is on recent hardware (tested on Linux and Windows (behaves the
same)). The project has 25 layers to load (point, line and polygon). All
data loads from Postgis.

Once the project is loaded it works very fast and snappy. Means that I'm
quite happy with QGIS performance, except for loading this project.

I hoped that the project loading would be somewhere around 20-30 seconds.
3-4 minutes is way too long I think.

Is there something that I (as the project author) or you as
QGIS-developers could do about the slow project loading?

If you want the project for testing, I can try to make it available to
developers (through my own webserver). I would have to transfer the
database (or I could make the database available for testing purposes).

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/