[Qgis-user] Project takes very long to load

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Apr 23 11:34:59 PDT 2009

hm -

so this really is an issue.

I hope that we can find a solution - because in case I want to do a
presentation of QGIS I cannot afford to wait 3-4 minutes for the project
to start up. Also, I was planning to use this project as a quick viewing
and printing solution. If I cannot get it to load in 10-30 seconds I
won't get acceptance from my work colleagues.

So if some developer is willing to examine this problem I'll be willing
to make my Postgis database and project file available. It is vector
only - no rasters.

Andreas