[Qgis-user] Connect to OracleSpatial

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Apr 26 10:40:49 PDT 2009

Hi,

I was curious if I could connect to a oracle spatial db with the new ogr
loader in QGIS trunk - but I did not have success so far.

Usually, when connecting to this oracle database I use the net service
name as described in tnsnames.ora - I don't know how where to fill in the
net service name in the OGR loader connection mask.

I can find input fields for name, host, database, port, user, password -
but I don't know where to fill in the net service name. I always get an
error message indicating that the given "connect identifier could not be
resolved in unnamed"

Thanks for more information on the oracle connection dialogue options!

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/