[Qgis-user] Missing qwt5 for qgis_unstable under Ubuntu Jaunty

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Apr 28 16:55:58 PDT 2009

On Apr 28, 2009, at 5:00 PM, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> William:
>> What I found when trying to install it for OSX is that Qwt5 must be
>> inside the PyQt space (ie in the Pyqt folder), because it's loaded
>> with "from PyQt4.Qwt5 import *".
>
>> If you have multiple PyQt installations, make sure you're installing
>> Qwt in the same PyQt that Qgis is loading.
>
> Hmmm... what does this literally mean? I have to point where the libs
> will be installed during configuration before compiling?
>
> Thanks, Nikos

When running Qgis, and loading your plugin, whereever python finds
PyQt, Qwt5 must be inside that copy of PyQt.  For building Qwt5, I
don't remember the flags I used to set the PyQt location - it was a
one-shot test for me and I didn't write anything down.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy