[Qgis-user] changing the default color map for GRASS raster display

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Apr 29 22:25:15 PDT 2009

A. Márcia BARBOSA ha scritto:

> Whenever I display a raster from the GRASS plugin, it comes in grey
> scale with no stretch, which is not useful for me. I'd like to set the

Hi Marcia.
This is a known issue: raster without a colour table are not given a
default one: https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1207
We are working on this:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Bugs
I allocated some resources to hire a dev to fix it, and I expect it will
be ok soon.
Of course, you and other users are encouraged to add some resources to
the budget, so more bugs will be fixed.

> default to pseudocolor, or else grey scale with inverted color map and
> stretch to minmax, but I can't seem to find the way. There is the
> "save as default" button in the layer properties dialogue, but it
> doesn't quite work and makes strange things happen - a new raster with
> the same name followed by .qml is added to the mapset, and while it's
> there the map cannot be opened again: QGIS crashes, then the mapset
> cannot be reopened until I delete the .gislock from the mapset folder,
> and if then I try to open the map again it says it "is not a valid or
> recognized raster data source". After deleting the .qml map, though,
> my map opens again with no problem - but, again, in grey scale no
> stretch, and there  go changing it again.

This may be a new bug. Please test it carefully and open a ticket for this.
All the best.