[Qgis-user] Question on how to add data to shapefiles

Carbonari, Katie (IS) Katie.Carbonari at ngc.com
Fri Dec 4 08:12:22 PST 2009

Good morning. I'm new to GIS and very new to QGIS. I have 3 files I need to visualize. 2 are shapefiles that I easily visualized in QGIS. The other file is an ASCII text file that has various parameters. There are 200,000 lines in each ASCII file, with each line corresponding to the cell numbers in the shapefiles. I want to visualize the data in the ASCII file using the same grid in the shapfiles. Does anyone know a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Katie