[Qgis-user] Re :Qgis-user Digest, Vol 36, Issue 18

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Feb 13 16:37:59 PST 2009

Ashokaditya Prakash Dhurandhar wrote:
> Hello everybodyI am new user of QGIS. I am encoutering problems in Plugin Installation and getting masseges like Rpy, gDAl, Psycop2 ocr, Numeric etc alongwith the error massage. Please helpIs there any solution ??I have installed OSGeo4W  and Gdal also but not rectifiedA.P. Dhurandhar India,
>
> A. P. Dhurandhar
> Scientific Officer-F
> Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration.AMD-Complex, Civil Lines, Nagpur (M.S.) PIN 440 001

Hello,

Some of the plugins have additional software requirements beyond just
python and QGIS. You will need to install these yourself, they are not
included. Installation method may vary by platform - make sure you get
python 2.5 versions of these.
Rpy http://rpy.sourceforge.net/
Numeric http://numpy.scipy.org/
Psycop2 http://pypi.python.org/pypi/psycopg2/2.0.4

I'm not sure why you're getting gdal/ogr issues, maybe you need to check
that you install the gdal-python bindings.

Anyone want to put this stuff on a wiki page?
Alex